Some of these I've used before, some are new:
• The average price of a slave has decreased during the past 200 years. In 1809, the average price of a slave was $40,000 when adjusted to today’s money. In 2009, the average price of a slave was $90.
• Every 5 Minutes a Child is Killed by Violence
• Up to a third of the population will suffer from an anxiety disorder or panic attacks at some point in their life.
• More Americans have been married to Kim Kardashian than have died from Ebola.
• One in five Americans is taking psychiatric drugs
• America employs more private security guards than high-school teachers.
• America's Mentally Ill Prisoners Outnumber Hospital Patients, Tenfold
• US soldiers are more likely to kill themselves than be killed in combat
• We are now in the longest continuous period of war in American history.
• In the United States today there are more prisoners than farmers.
• Each Year Since the Recession, America's Richest 1% Have Made More Than the Cost of All U.S. Social Programs
• Just 47 Wealthy Americans Own More Than Half of the U.S. Population
• The Upper Middle Class of America Owns a Smaller Percentage of Wealth Than the Corresponding Groups in All Major Nations Except Russia and Indonesia.
• The world’s urban population is growing very rapidly, especially in the developing world. [I]n India alone such an expansion [of urban populations] will require the building of, in essence, a new Chicago every year for the next several decades.
• [T]he extinction of species, [is] now estimated to be at about the same rate as it was 65 million years ago when an asteroid hit the Earth.
• The Justice Department now seems to be saying that prison rape accounted for the majority of all rapes committed in the US in 2008, likely making the United States the first country in the history of the world to count more rapes for men than for women.
• Somebody dies by taking their own life every 40 seconds