Saturday, June 16, 2012

Saturday Night Music

Mali's been in the news lately, so this seems a good time to post this. Not for the feint of heart, but I assume that doesn't apply to my readers ;-). I wonder how much they'll be affected by Peak Oil?

Sibiri Samake is the griot of the Sébénikoro hunters.

Mali lies at the heart of African history, and hunters lie at the heart of Malian history. From Nagara to Sessao, from Manankoro to Taoudénit, the spirit of the hunters floats over all of Mali, leaving the mark of their achievements on all its civilizations: Bamanan, Manding, Dogon, Peul, Sarakolé, Songhai and many others. Guardians of the animistic rites, the hunters are by far the oldest traditional organization spared by the sands of time; neither Islam nor Christianity have succeeded in modifying their character. These Malian hunters make up a vast family, whose doctrine is founded on four functions:

- Creation of towns and roads (95%)
- Communal army and police
- Supply of animal protein to the community
- Traditional medicine.

From National Geographic music.



Blogger note. Lighter posting during the summer months. This is for a couple of reasons. Practically, I live in an upper flat and have no air conditioning, so the computer spends a lot of time turned off. It's been over 80 degrees today and tonight. As I write this I'm drenched in sweat (although I will be moving soon - more on that later).

The second is that since we only have a few months of decent weather, I like to experience it as much as possible. It's light out until 9PM, and I like to be outside. There's also a lot going on in town.

I wish I could say I enjoy a social life, but the truth is since I have no friends or girlfriend, I sit alone in bars and drink. That's what you do when you're alone - you drink.

But don't worry, I'll still be posting semi-regularly. Thank you to all the readers and commenters; I'll respond to all in due time. When you begin writing a blog like this, it's like sending a message in a bottle - you are unsure whether anyone will pick up your message. I'm so glad whenever people read my message in a bottle.

Enjoy your summer!

BONUS: Mali Express:

1 comment:

  1. Your postings are most appreciated, you are an important voice, thanks for your work! "Being right too soon is socially unacceptable" ThreeEs http://3es.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.